1. [Troubleshooting] When you cannot connect to Jak or repeatedly disconnected immediately after you make connection.
Depending on the smartphones, there are
features that disconnect WiFi either when connection is poor or when internet service
is not available.
This problem is often solved by disabling such features.
Go to <Settings> menu → select <Wi-Fi> → select <menu>
go to <Advanced> menu → uncheck the box next to the "Avoid poor connections" option.
2. [Troubleshooting] WiFi status has changed to Blue, but the host device does not recognize Jak.
This is the most FAQ about Jak.
If the WiFi status in the Jak app has changed to
Blue, Jak is connected to a smartphone.
Then, A USER HAS TO CREATE
AND SELECT A PLAYLIST IN ORDER TO TRANSMIT.
Many people do not know about
this and think Jak does not work properly.
If a playlist is not selected,
Jak will be recognized as empty USB flash drive, and some host devices do not
recognize an empty USB flash drive.
You can select a playlist by tapping [Transmit] button next to a desired playlist.
3. [Troubleshooting] I lost my password. How do I find it?
If you changed the password and lost it, you can find your password by following the instructions below.
1. Plug Jak into any PC/laptop and wait about one minute.
2. Jak will start blinking faster than usual, and pop-up will show.
3. Open folder to view files.
4. Open CONFIG.TXT and you'll see the password in the file.
4. [Troubleshooting] I cannot access internet while using Jak.
In order to access internet while using Jak, you would have to change the settings.
Go to Settings in the app, Check-mark either Connect using WiFi or Connect using Cellular Hotspot.
If both Wifi and Cellular Hotspot connections are check-marked, Jak will attempt wireless internet connection using Cellular Hotspot only if there is no WiFi networks available.
After check-marking one of the options, enter SSID and Password.
Now you will be able to access internet while using Jak.
5. [Troubleshooting] Does Jak have an app for iPhone/iPad?
Yes, there is a Jak app for iPhone/iPad.
However, this iOS app is a Beta Version, and the version is not an official release.
Users are welcome to try out or test this version but may not work properly as it has limited access and functions.
6. [Troubleshooting] I cannot find Jak app from Google Play
enter "jjak" in the search box from Google Play.
still can’t find it, please check your Android OS version.
Jak is compatible with Gingerbread or newer OS.
If you’re using Froyo or older version,
please update your OS to the latest version and try again.
7. [Troubleshooting] Selected playlist cannot be recognized on my TV
Please note that the host
device will only show files it can recognize.
For example, even if you select a playlist that has mp4 video files, your TV will not recognize this file unless TV supports the file format.
Make sure what type
of file format your host device supports before attempting to transmit any files.