1. [Uncategorized] How to Use Folderlist
2. [Troubleshooting] When you cannot connect to Jak or repeatedly disconnected immediately after you make connection.
Depending on the smartphones, there are
features that disconnect WiFi either when connection is poor or when internet service
is not available.
This problem is often solved by disabling such features.
Go to <Settings> menu → select <Wi-Fi> → select <menu>
go to <Advanced> menu → uncheck the box next to the "Avoid poor connections" option.
3. [Troubleshooting] WiFi status has changed to Blue, but the host device does not recognize Jak.
This is the most FAQ about Jak.
If the WiFi status in the Jak app has changed to
Blue, Jak is connected to a smartphone.
Then, A USER HAS TO CREATE
AND SELECT A PLAYLIST IN ORDER TO TRANSMIT.
Many people do not know about
this and think Jak does not work properly.
If a playlist is not selected,
Jak will be recognized as empty USB flash drive, and some host devices do not
recognize an empty USB flash drive.
You can select a playlist by tapping [Transmit] button next to a desired playlist.
4. [Tech] Can I use Jak to share my presentation file on a projector?
You can share your documents on a projector only if your projector has the file viewer.
Please note that the host device will only show the files it can recognize.
5. [Troubleshooting] I lost my password. How do I find it?
If you changed the password and lost it, you can find your password by following the instructions below.
1. Plug Jak into any PC/laptop and wait about one minute.
2. Jak will start blinking faster than usual, and pop-up will show.
3. Open folder to view files.
4. Open CONFIG.TXT and you'll see the password in the file.
6. [Tech] Can I use Jak plugging into a USB port in a car?
Jak will be recognized as a memory stick that maintains selected playlist while connected to smartphone.
If you select a music playlist, Jak will stream music in the selected playlist to your car audio system wirelessly.
Unlike Bluetooth, there is no sound quality loss while using Jak.
Commands such as Playback, Pause, Increase/Decrease Volume can be controlled using the host device.
7. [Tech] Can I stream YouTube and/or Pandora with Jak?
Jak only lets you select contents stored in your smartphone/tablet PC.
You will not be able to select contents from streaming service such as YouTube, Pandora, etc.
8. [Troubleshooting] I cannot access internet while using Jak.
In order to access internet while using Jak, you would have to change the settings.
Go to Settings in the app, Check-mark either Connect using WiFi or Connect using Cellular Hotspot.
If both Wifi and Cellular Hotspot connections are check-marked, Jak will attempt wireless internet connection using Cellular Hotspot only if there is no WiFi networks available.
After check-marking one of the options, enter SSID and Password.
Now you will be able to access internet while using Jak.
9. [Tech] Can I stream stored contents from my PC to TV?
For now, Jak is only compatible with smartphone/tablet PC.
Application for Windows OS is under development and it will be available in May-June.
With the new application, you will be able to share your contents in your PC/laptop on TV or any other host device that has a USB port.
10. [Troubleshooting] Does Jak have an app for iPhone/iPad?
Yes, there is a Jak app for iPhone/iPad.
However, this iOS app is a Beta Version, and the version is not an official release.
Users are welcome to try out or test this version but may not work properly as it has limited access and functions.
11. [Troubleshooting] I cannot find Jak app from Google Play
enter "jjak" in the search box from Google Play.
still can’t find it, please check your Android OS version.
Jak is compatible with Gingerbread or newer OS.
If you’re using Froyo or older version,
please update your OS to the latest version and try again.
12. [Troubleshooting] Selected playlist cannot be recognized on my TV
Please note that the host
device will only show files it can recognize.
For example, even if you select a playlist that has mp4 video files, your TV will not recognize this file unless TV supports the file format.
Make sure what type
of file format your host device supports before attempting to transmit any files.
13. [Tech] Do I need home/office WiFi network in order to use Jak?
Jak has dedicate Wi-Fi connection, and it will be recognized as AP(Access Point) from your smartphone.
You do NOT have to have additional Wi-Fi network to use Jak.